Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Turn



So up to now Kristi has been the official web logger of The Diaz Family, well now is my turn so buckle your seat belt and join me a long for te ride. Since we moved to Kansas life has been pretty interesting, especially since we have moved to Junction City or as I affectionately call it The Junction aka The Middle of Nowhere (See picture above).

The Junction is a small town of 18,000 and right next to it is an army base, Fort Riley. This makes for an interesting dynamic between civilians and members of the Army and their families. Thankfully Fort Riley helps The Junction by adding to its population and bringing jobs for the masses. The Junction is a tiny town with barely enough of the amenities We have grown used to, in fact the biggest shopping center in town is Wal-Mart. 

This is a picture of our beautiful Wal-Mart, you know you live in a small town when you go out on a date with your wife and after dinner you decide to go to Wal-Mart to see "whats new". I am glad to say that Kristi and I have done our best to contribute to the economy by spending our hard earned dollars, well her hard earned dollars, there. I am quite fond of Wal-Mart though, they have a lot of goodies there, and as the locals say "if you can't find it at Wal-Mart it doesn't exist".........at least not in The Junction.








No comments: